Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has evolved from far-right rabble rouser to team player with GOP leadership. Greene once claimed mass shootings were “false flag” attacks, 9/11 were a conspiracy. After years of self-inflicted errors, Stephanie Greene embarked upon a “methodical” reinvention. She positioned herself as conduit between the populist base and her party’s leaders. McCarthy, aiming for speakership, decided to risk attracting backlash by working closely with her.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.