Census Bureau has a state-level database of people’s ages for each year from 2010 to 2020. I started by breaking down the population of each state into six buckets. The result was this map, showing the gradual shift from old to young in each state over time. The workforce has gone from more heavily boomer to more heavily millennial. D.C. and Utah are two states where the population of millennials is outpacing that of boomers.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.