Florida state Rep. Joseph B. Harding faces a six-count indictment of wire fraud, money laundering and making false statements. He allegedly tried to illicitly obtain $150,000 in federal pandemic relief funds. Harding is known for sponsoring legislation regulating classroom talk about sexual orientation. Florida Rep. Bob Harding is accused of wire fraud, money laundering and making false statements. Prosecutors say he made illegal bank transfers of $30,000 and $15,000 in 2021. Harding has pleaded not guilty; a trial is scheduled for Jan. 11.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.