Kennedy will be the first to hold the position since Mick Mulvaney left in 2021. The position is expected to focus specifically on Northern Ireland’s economic development. Kennedy, 42, was once seen as the political heir to one of the nation’s most famous Irish American dynasties.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.