Frida Ghitis: Donald Trump's defenders say he's a victim of an investigation double standard. She says Democrats skate while Trump is pilloried, but it's so useful for Trump to promote it. Poll: Democrats more likely to say it’s important to investigate Biden's son than Republicans to probe Capitol riot, she says. Ghitis says it's not true that Hillary Clinton's house wasn’t searched because there was no obvious need to; Clinton's server was hosted; Biden is being probed, as has been reported. Trump has done a good job of stoking (and leveraging) his party's hostility to avenues that might prove to him to be personally problematic, Ghitis writes.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Early voters in Georgia head to the polls Saturday for Senate runoff
- Trump criticized for dining with far-right activist Nick Fuentes and rapper Ye
- Jan. 6 panel staffers angry at Cheney for focusing so much of report on Trump
- White House likely to honor some GOP probes but not those on Hunter
- Wisconsin GOP fires election investigator who pushed false fraud claims