Arizona was a missed opportunity for the GOP. Most of its statewide GOP candidates ran the kind of election-denying, Trump-aligned general-election campaigns. While the GOP had strong turnout, it lost campaigns for Senate, governor, attorney general and secretary of state. Those voters who otherwise backed Republicans but didn’t vote for their preferred candidates. In some cases, that crossover vote appears to have been decisive in the outcome.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.
- Little GOP reflection on election skepticism even after the killings in New Mexico