Disney-backed Hulu says it will start accepting ads promoting political candidates and issues. The policy had infuriated Democratic campaigns trying to press themes such as abortion and guns. Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Democratic Governors Association tried to purchase joint ads on abortion, guns and climate change. Hulu reserves the right to request edits or other changes, "in alignment with industry standards," Hulu says. Such ads have previously run on other Disney-owned stations and services, but such ads have run on ESPN Plus and other services, Hulu said. The Washington Post reported that Hulu has a policy against running content deemed controversial.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- House Democrats are preparing for a new environment with new leaders and a minority.
- Hakeem Jeffries is chosen as the new party chairman by the House Democrats, according to Post Politics Now.Hakeem Jeffries is chosen as the new party chairman by the House Democrats, according to Post Politics Now.
- Trump criticized for dining with far-right activist Nick Fuentes and rapper Ye
- Steny Hoyer sought ‘consensus.’ The next Democratic leaders may find that hard.
- Early voters in Georgia head to the polls Saturday for Senate runoff