But within the GOP, he’s relatively well-liked; 3 in 10 Republicans approve of him. The vote will take place Jan. 3. Polls from before the 2022 election show that more Republicans approve of McCarthy than McConnell. It’s possible that more people are reserving judgment on McCarthy now that he’s in line to become House speaker.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.