Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) said Thursday he “lived an honest life” and indicated he would seek reelection in 2024. A firestorm erupted last month after the New York Times and other outlets outlined apparent fabrications in Santos’ work and educational background. Rep. Ruben Santos’ (R-N.Y.) congressional campaign was “a campaign of deceit, lies, fabrication,” local GOP officials say. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy says Santos has “got a long way to go to earn trust”. Two Democratic lawmakers filed a complaint with the House Ethics Committee.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.