Abe Hamadeh lost to Democrat Kris Mayes by 511 votes, a razor-thin margin. He claimed that improper adjudication of ballots and other errors cost him the election. The judge rejected his case, saying he had no proof of errors or misconduct. Attorney for secretary of state’s office says case was a “spectacular waste of everyone’s time”. Lawyer for unsuccessful governor candidate calls case “gigantic waste of time”.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.