For both parties, Georgia’s Senate runoff election provides a final test of their ability to motivate their base and persuade the political middle in an increasingly purple state. Nearly 2 million votes have been cast in early voting, with runoff election set for Tuesday. Democrats hope to secure a clean sweep of the statewide races. If he unseats Warnock, he said, Democrats will have less power in the Senate and more leverage to stall Republicans’ agenda.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.