Rep. David Joyce is the new chairman of the Republican Governance Group. The group represents moderate Republicans who quietly like to see Congress function. They often end up under siege from what he calls “the exotics” from the far-right, he says. He’s keeping his cards close to his vest about the group’s strategy in trying to prevent the far-right from dominating. Voters have sent a near even split of House Republicans and Democrats to the incoming 118th Congress.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.