Doug Emhoff is the husband of Vice President Joe Biden’s wife, Jill. He will host a roundtable with Jewish leaders and White House officials to discuss rising antisemitism. The event comes after former President Donald Trump hosted white nationalists at his Mar-a-Lago residence. Ye Fuentes, formerly known as Kanye West, retweeted an image of a swastika and Star of David. Elon Musk suspended Ye’s Twitter account after he tweeted: “I love Jewish people, but I also love Nazis”. There were more than 2,700 antisemitic incidents in the United States in 2021, an all-time high, group says.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.