Donald Trump had sought to shield his revocable trust from New York Attorney General Letitia James. James is pursuing a $250 million civil suit against Trump over a decade’s worth of allegedly fraudulent business practices. The lawsuit could effectively cripple the Trump Organization’s ability to do business in New York. A judge finds Donald Trump and his lead counsel liable for $937,989.39 in damages. The suit was filed in March 2022, with Trump alleging that James mishandled her investigation. James’ office says it will continue its investigation into the Trump Organization.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.