Gov. Ron DeSantis has built his national profile on challenging major companies on controversial social issues. Some of those same companies and their lobbyists bankrolled his inaugural festivities. At the federal level, candidates from Barack Obama to Donald Trump have imposed measures to curb the role of lobbyists. Gov. DeSantis has emerged as the most anticipated potential 2024 challenger to Donald Trump. The governor is planning to use his state’s upcoming legislative session to pick more fights with big business. He revisited the theme in his inaugural speech, calling Florida “where woke goes to die”.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.