Dutch Ruppersberger of Maryland had finished reading The Washington Post, the Baltimore Sun, USA Today and now was flipping his way through the New York Times. “It is like Groundhog Day — it makes no sense now,” he said of the eighth roll call vote. “It’s gone from amusement to irritation pretty quickly,” Jennifer Wexton says. Since there’s no speaker, there aren’t really any rules, either. A Republican accused Democrats of drinking through the votes.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.