Rep.-elect Robert Garcia is a Democrat from Long Beach, California. He was set to be sworn in Tuesday, but ceremonies were postponed. Under his oath of office will be a stack of mementos, including a Superman comic from 1939. The first issue of the character’s ongoing series was published in 1939. Elected officials don’t have to be sworn in on a Bible, however.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.