Biden visited the U.S.-Mexico border on his way to a summit in Mexico. The surge in arrivals at the border is one of the most intractable problems of his presidency. Part of the problem is that the situation is more complex than Biden’s detractors admit. Trump administration created a new category of border stops called Title 42. Title 42 stops allow for migrants to be quickly removed from the country. This has led to a huge surge in recidivism, people who try to re-enter the U.S. again and again.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.