The White House is pursuing a recalibrated strategy for navigating the next two years. Officials are planning to counter an expected onslaught of oversight by GOP lawmakers. Biden’s approval ratings remain mired in the low-to-mid 40s, a perilous position to be in. Vice President Joe Biden: “We need to focus on implementing the big laws we actually passed”. Biden’s comments show an acknowledgment that his legislative ambitions will, by necessity, be more modest. Republicans have pledged to use their new House majority to frustrate his plans and cast him as outwitted.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.