Gallup polling found that the U.S. was about evenly split between Democrats and Republicans in 2022. However, Republicans had a significant advantage at the end of 2022. There are far more people who identify as independent but consistently vote for one party or the other. Gallup has found that more Americans identify as independent than as Democrats or Republicans. About 1 in 5 are true independents, not voting consistently with one party or the other. Independent leaners, as the vernacular has it, have increased as a percentage of Americans over time.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.