Complaint accuses Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) of wide-ranging campaign finance violations. He has admitted fabricating key details of his biography during his campaign for Congress. The complaint could propel a formal investigation into Santos by the Federal Election Commission. Complaint accuses Santos of giving his campaign money that was not his own, but rather given to him “in the guise of salary and dividends”. The complaint also alleges he misrepresented his campaign’s spending. It highlights a $199.99 payment for an Oct. 13, 2021, “hotel stay” at the W South Beach.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.