The House of Representatives is voting to elect a new speaker. The fight over Kevin McCarthy’s nomination has spilled out into the broader conservative universe. Members of Congress have informed all available microphones of their views of the situation and of their opponents. It’s too messy to articulate easily, but we’ll try. The Fox-News-iverse is split, with Sean Hannity siding with McCarthy and Tucker Carlson attacking the rebels.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.