Tillis has been at the heart of nearly every major bipartisan effort to emerge from the Senate. “He is an extraordinarily good vote counter,” Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) said. A wave of retirements has taken many more bipartisan-minded lawmakers out of the chamber. N.C. Sen. Thom Tillis has worked on nearly every bipartisan piece of legislation to emerge from the Senate in the past year and a half. Tillis rejects the label of “dealmaker” and emphasizes the conservative stamp he’s placed on the legislation he’s worked on.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Supreme Court slowly returns to the bench to issue rulings.
- In what ways was Kari Lake a poor choice? Such a terrible.
- The Supreme Court requests comment from the Biden administration on a social media lawsuit
- McCarthy promised to stop Jeffries from appointing Schiff and Swalwell to the intelligence panel.
- Kyrsten Sinema’s Arizona Senate seat is now occupied by Ruben Gallego.