Survivors of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and their family members launch an ad criticizing former president Donald Trump for hosting a Saudi-backed golf tournament at his New Jersey resort. The LIV series is funded by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, which is chaired by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, whom U.S. intelligence has deemed responsible for the murder of Washington Post opinion writer Jamal Khashoggi. The group plans to hold a news conference and rally Friday near the golf club to further publicize the Saudi government's connection to the terrorist attacks that killed 3,000 people on American soil. Trump has previously blamed Saudi Arabia for the attacks.
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- Early voters in Georgia head to the polls Saturday for Senate runoff
- Trump criticized for dining with far-right activist Nick Fuentes and rapper Ye
- Jan. 6 panel staffers angry at Cheney for focusing so much of report on Trump
- White House likely to honor some GOP probes but not those on Hunter
- Wisconsin GOP fires election investigator who pushed false fraud claims