Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Florida) mocked abortion rights activists at a rally last weekend. Olivia Julianna, a 19-year-old abortion rights advocate, wrote a tongue-in-cheek thank-you note on Twitter. The teen's tweet about her spurred a flood of donations to her reproductive rights advocacy group. In just about a day, she's helped raise approximately $115,000 for the nonprofit Gen Z for Change. In May, Gaetz drew criticism for saying that those protesting the overturning of Roe v. Wade are “overeducated, under-loved millennials”
More from PoliticsMore posts in Politics »
- House Democrats are preparing for a new environment with new leaders and a minority.
- Hakeem Jeffries is chosen as the new party chairman by the House Democrats, according to Post Politics Now.Hakeem Jeffries is chosen as the new party chairman by the House Democrats, according to Post Politics Now.
- Trump criticized for dining with far-right activist Nick Fuentes and rapper Ye
- Steny Hoyer sought ‘consensus.’ The next Democratic leaders may find that hard.
- Early voters in Georgia head to the polls Saturday for Senate runoff