In his letters to a correspondent in 1862, President Abraham Lincoln wrote of how he felt about his role in the events that led to the American Civil War: “I claim not to have controlled events, but confess plainly that events have controlled me,” he wrote.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.