Study suggests that N95 masks are no more effective in protecting against covid-19 than surgical masks. This is wrong conclusion to draw, and can have dangerous consequences. A lot of health-care workers — and the public at large — would be happy with this reduced risk. Study’s limitations include the fact that participants were mostly in Egypt and Pakistan during the pandemic. Some people might need to wear a mask in some settings, not because they want to but because it’s required.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.