Moderates passed out pro-McCarthy lapel buttons that read, simply, “O.K.” The unfortunate double meaning highlighted doubts about the candidate for speaker. I couldn’t spot a single member of the House wearing one; McCarthy is known for his garbled English. “The speaker-apparent apparently still can’t speak,” I wrote in 2014. Now he’s making another lunge for the top job, and words continue to bedevil him. Deep in his brain there seems to be a syntax scrambler, I’m guessing it was put there by Hunter Biden.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.