Every Republican-dominated state has passed laws restricting how racial issues are discussed. Colleges in Florida are going further and barring classes that “compel” beliefs. Colleges are supposed to be places where ideas are allowed to be discussed, even if they’re controversial. This is a serious escalation. I am worried about the future of education in red states such as Florida and Kentucky. If GOP officials ban any teaching at public schools or universities on race that conservatives don’t agree with, they will prevent people like me from getting a complete education.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.