The term “nepo baby” refers to performing artists with famous parents in the business. Maya Hawke, for instance, whose parents are Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman. New York’s “Guide to the Hollywood Nepo-Verse” captures this air of knowing cynicism. Some have argued that it is fair, because what they’re passing on isn’t advantage — it’s the “family business”. The door to Hollywood success is at least firmly closed when a famous name opens it.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.