A bout of covid could put a patient’s kidneys at risk for permanent failure. Food and Drug Administration revoked its authorization for the one remaining monoclonal antibody to treat covid. Evusheld, the preventive therapy for those who don’t mount an adequate immune response to vaccination, might be ineffective. Ilyse Hogue: For millions of Americans who are immunocompromised, living with someone who is, it’s difficult to live in a country where most people no longer see covid as a threat. Public health policy is complicated because it requires balancing the needs of various groups.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.