Global biodiversity is declining at an unprecedented rate, with more than 1 million species threatened with extinction. Focusing on wild cats is efficient thanks to their enormous ranges and habitats. He says big cats, especially, play a critical role in their environments by supporting biodiversity and overall health. Pumas are “ecosystem engineers,” whose interactions with hundreds of other species profoundly influence the structure and function of their habitats. Jaguar range, which overlaps with most of the Americas’ tropical forests, provides 17 percent of the world’s carbon storage and sequestration.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.