Frida Ghitis: Elon Musk has turned Twitter into a town with a dictator for a mayor. She says the free-speech absolutism he espoused is untenable as a guiding principle. Those running social media sites will find something they don’t want on their property, she says. Elon Musk has made a mockery of Twitter, says Julian Zelizer. This is not only an ethical failure but also a business disaster, he says. Advertisers have fled Twitter; now journalists fear they can’t report on Mr. Musk without risking banishment, he writes.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.