Frida Ghitis: 2022 World Cup in Qatar has been a World Cup of human rights horrors. She says FIFA had numerous chances to take a stand for basic human dignities. Host nation bribed soccer officials to get the World Cup and then bribed government officials to look other way. Frida Ghitis: FIFA had a final chance to salvage some grace from its shamefulness. A vice president of European parliament has been arrested on charges of accepting money from Qatar. Qatar has spent more than $72 million on lobbying in the United States since 2015.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.