The Democrats’ agenda has been much more progressive than in 2009-2010. A lot of factors and people drove that leftward shift, but Sen. Elizabeth Warren is most responsible. Many Biden administration policies are versions of ideas Warren pushed either in her Senate office or 2020 presidential campaign. The Massachusetts senator is influential and prescient on economic policy. She was warning more than a year ago that the cryptocurrency industry was a potential financial bubble. Warren has been an early adopter of stances that later became more mainstream in the Democratic Party, such as impeaching Donald Trump.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.