Kyrsten Sinema’s surprise announcement that she is registering as an independent is an epic gamble born of necessity. It’s probably her only chance at keeping her Arizona Senate seat beyond 2024. But winning reelection is far from guaranteed, to put it charitably.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.