There are 14 vacancies out of 62 judges on D. How can a judicial system operate effectively or serve justice under such circumstances? There are eight critically needed judicial nominees for local Superior Court and Court of Appeals. Senate could well leave town with the dire situation at the local D.C. courts unaddressed. City would be better served if it were authorized to make judicial appointments, Julian Zelizer says.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.