Michael J. Green is a Japanologist and former top Asia expert on George W. Bush’s National Security Council. His new book, “Line of Advantage,” explains Japan’s China strategy to Western audience. Green: The primary goal of Japanese statecraft has been “to not lose”. China’s military buildups are “extremely offensive and aggressive if you’re Japan, or Philippines, or especially Taiwan” Taiwan is now the most likely flash point for war in the region. If Japan acquires 500 Tomahawk missiles, China might think twice about such a strike.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.