12 Senate Republicans voted for the bill, but more than 36 — or three-quarters of the GOP caucus — did not. This is despite 70 percent of Americans support same-sex marriage; most Americans also support protecting rights for gay and lesbian couples.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.