Frida Ghitis: Brittney Griner’s release is first step toward ending state hostage-taking. She says dozens more U.S. citizens are held hostage by adversarial states, and this is just one example. Frida Ghitis: Brittney Griner’s ordeal should be a wake-up call for Americans worried about being targeted abroad. She says the U.S. government needs to work faster and in closer coordination with its allies to ensure their citizens are not targeted.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.