Press "Enter" to skip to content

The induction stove I purchased. The electricity then failed.

Author Tove Danovich’s house was without power for an entire day. More than 71,000 homes lost power in Portland area. Danovich had switched from gas to induction cooking a year ago. She says she wondered if super-weather event was caused by climate change. A Consumer Product Safety Commission official suggested restrictions on gas stoves.

How bad is a little indoor air pollution, anyway? Natural gas might be less polluting than coal, but it’s far from clean, and methane is one of the main contributors to climate change.