Lina M. Khan, head of the Federal Trade Commission, wants to do away with noncompete agreements. Such agreements prevent workers from going to work for a competing employer. Stopping this practice could increase wages by nearly $300 billion per year, the FTC estimates.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.