Frida Ghitis: This year has tested the credibility of the Federal Reserve’s credibility and that of its leaders’ ethics. Since March, the Fed has largely restored trust that it will get inflation under control. Congress might have to force change; a bipartisan bill would help make Fed more accountable. Fed chair Jerome Powell deserves credit for tightening the rules on how Fed leaders can trade. The Fed’s inspector general still has not released its review of what those men did.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.