Biden administration has implemented travel restrictions for people arriving from China. The concern isn’t about an existing strain; it’s about new ones emerging. He says we should want more travelers from China so we can study new strains that might develop there. Pre-departure testing of travelers from China for coronavirus doesn’t make sense, Dr. Anthony Fauci says. The goal should be to quickly identify emerging variants of concern, he says. Travelers can choose to take tests anonymously once they arrive in the U.S., and N95 masks should be required for all.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.