Mazloum Abdi: My hometown, Kobane, and my people, the Syrian Kurds, are under threat again. This time, he says, the threat comes not from Islamic State terror, but from a U.S.-backed ally, Turkey. One strike in the border city of Derik, home to Kurds, Yazidis and Christians, killed more than 10 civilians. Another targeted the base near the city of Hasakah, just hundreds of meters from U.S. forces.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.