Xing Zhao is a writer living in Shanghai. Covid sometimes felt like a myth shaped by the government’s stringent “zero covid” measures. Until the government renounced its zero-covid strategy this month, if you caught covid you’d hide it. Xing Zhao: In Shanghai’s covid lockdown, the unimaginable is becoming the norm. The word “yang,” or “positive,” trended on social media here. For the first time in six months, a negative PCR test result was no longer required for entry.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.