In 2023, I’m getting really into roller skating. This hobby is not, as any acquaintance of mine would tell you, an obvious fit. But as a New Year’s resolution, the quest to get better at roller skating is also an attempt to reorient myself. Skating is analog – there is no leader board, no Peloton instructor barking at me from across the room. My purple boots turn me into a Luddite teen and … it feels good. A slip and fall backward is considerably more risky now than it was then.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.