Fried deserves all the grief he’s getting. It is good to see lawmakers symbolically returning donations from FTX executives by donating equivalent amounts to charity. FTX CEO Ryan Salame gave roughly $24 million to Republicans this past cycle. In March, eight members of Congress complained about SEC requests for info from cryptocurrency firms. John J. Ray III is playing a similar cleanup role at FTX. Bankruptcy filing indicates some senior execs were kept in the dark about FTX’s financial mismanagement.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.