Last May, Politico published an authentic draft of the Supreme Court’s majority opinion overturning Roe v. Wade. On Thursday, the court acknowledged that it has not yet identified who leaked the document. Leak investigations are notoriously inconclusive; in this case, they were conducted by a court marshal. Leaks help press perform its duty to keep public informed, as Politico appropriately did.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.