Putin has imposed Stalin-like restrictions on speech about the military and Ukraine. Ilya Yashin dissected evidence of potential war crimes documented by Western journalists. He was sentenced to 8½ years in prison for calling attention to possible war crimes committed by Russian troops. Alexei Yashin: War crimes trials should lead to war crimes trials. He says Russian security services and military rehearsed “kill-or-capture” missions to find those behind Ukraine’s Maidan Revolution. Plans included seizing Ukraine’s national heating, electricity and financial operations.
More from OpinionsMore posts in Opinions »
- According to the GOP tax proposal, you will pay more while the wealthy will pay less.
- We should leave the covid origin debate to the experts.
- More than ever, NATO is cohesive. Then again, what about those tanks?
- Drug manufacturers may have widened the availability of naloxone. How come they didn’t?
- DeSantis reveals himself by preventing the offering of an AP Black studies course.